Going into week four I took a look at active streaks. Today I revisit that post to see where the streaks are at.
Longest Regular Season Win Streak – since 12-23-2018 – eight games
- New England Patriots
Longest Regular Season Losing Streak
- Miami Dolphins – 8 games – since 12-16-2018
- Cincinnati Bengals – 8 games – since 12-23-2018
Games with an interception thrown
- New England Patriots – 4 games – since 09-22-2018
- Pittsburgh Steelers – 2 games – since 12-30-2018
- Indianapolis Colts – 2 games – since 10-06-2019
Passing Yards greater than 200
Kansas City Chiefs – 24 games – since 12-03-2017 (Mahomes started 12-31-2017)It went to 27 games and ended 10-13-2019. It was the seventh longest streak all-time for passing yards greater than 200.
- Atlanta Falcons – 10 games – since 12-09-2018
- Bills – 7 games – since 12-23-2018
- Cowboys – 7 games – since 12-30-2018
Passing Touchdowns greater than or equal to two
Kansas City Chiefs – 14 games – since 10-14-2018It ended 09-22-2019 at 14 games. It is the third longest such streak all time.
- Atlanta Falcons – 2 games – since 10-06-2019
- Chiefs – 2 games – since 10-13-2019
- Vikings – 2 games – since 10-06-2019
- Seahawks – 2 games – since 10-03-2019
Rushing Yards greater than or equal to 100
- Baltimore Ravens – 13 games – since 11-18-2018 (Lamar Jackson started)
- Buffalo Bills – 6 games – since 12-30-2018
- Seahawks – 5 games – since 09-15-2019
With a Rushing Touchdown
- Cowboys – 8 games
- Houston Texans – 8 games
With a Fumble Lost
With 30+ Points Scored
Opponent Passing Yards of 200+
Opponent with 2+ Passing Touchdowns
Opponent with 400+ scrimmage Yards
Opponent with 30+ Points Scored
Games with a -10 Score Margin
Opponent Scrimmage Yards 280 or less
Held Opponent to less than 20 points
Sacked Opponent 2+ Times A Game
Five Thoughts On the Data
- The Chiefs with Mahomes had a great active streak of 27 games with 200+ passing yards in a game. It ended the game before Mahomes was injured. Their two passing touchdown streak also ended prior to the Mahomes injury. The 200+ passing yard streak was the seventh best all-time. The Saints lead with streak of 43 games that ended in 2013.
- The Patriots win streak should continue this week as they host the Jets. They are a far way off from the longest streak held by the Colts at 23 regular season games.
- The 49ers have active streaks for Opponent with 280 or less scrimmage yards (3 games), hold opponent to less than 20 points (2 games) and sacked opponent 2 + times a game (5 games). They are the only team to have an active streak in all three of those. The 49ers had played the Steelers, Browns and Rams the last three games.
- The Cardinal Giant game should be an offensive shootout. The Cardinals have the longest active streak of six games of opponent with 200+ passing yards and a two game streak of opponent with 2+ passing touchdowns. They are also one of five teams with a current streak of two games with 400+ offensive yards from scrimmage. the Giants have a two game streak of opponent 200+ passing yards and opponent 400+ yards from scrimmage. The Cardinals last two opponents were the Bengals and the Falcons. The Giants had faced the Vikings and the Patriots. I give the edge to the Giants.
- The Ravens continue their streak of 100+ rushing yards to 13 games. Lamar Jackson is second all time in quarterback rushing yards six games into a season. He topped the next quarterback, Michael Vick, by 19 yards. He would need 45 yards in week seven to head the list for week seven.
Enjoy the week seven games!